The July edition of Ideas Magazine is now available to INMA members. Those who seek a model for reinvention and repositioning will want to turn right to the cover story: When the CEO of Schibsted talks, people listen.
To retrieve your Ideas Magazine, you have two options:
- PDF: Click here to download a simple PDF (good for printing).
- Smart Edition: Click here to view a Smart Edition.
In this month’s cover story, CEO Rolv Erik Ryssdal lays out the ambitious and aspirational Schibsted growth story:
- A decade of transition from newspaper company to newsmedia company.
- Shift of digital from 1% of revenue to 35% of revenue.
- Investments in innovation beyond “buzzwords.”
- Paid content strategy.
- Investment in online classifieds.
- Internationalisation of the company.
This is mandatory reading for INMA members seeking a model for reinvention and repositioning.
This month’s issue includes 11 powerful case studies from big media brands:
- Kleine Zeitung’s shopping center-style classifieds drives new revenue.
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution sees first circulation gains in seven years with strategic shifts.
- Singapore’s The New Paper creates “Rock That Tick” campaign to engage readers.
- The Dallas Morning News publishes 13 e-books, taking advantage of archived content and generating new revenue.
- Australia’s Daily Telegraph creates campaign for Vivid Sydney based on full-colour transparent wrap.
- Calgary Herald partners with Canada’s largest outdoor event for Stampede Social Media Hub.
- Economic Times initiative in India engaged young professionals ages 26 to 32, top CEOs, and 27,000 participants.
- Sharp Electronics partners with Telegraph Media Group in the UK to get Euro 2012 football fans involved.
- Gazeta Wyborcza asks readers to submit stories of car memories, bringing in 223,376 users for non-traditional advertiser campaign.
- Sacramento Bee partners with communities sites, taking a free, educational programme deep into its local community.
- Diário de Notícias brings back investigative journalism to the point of creating a new business venture.