Il Sole 24 Ore: Reader-Focused Continuous Innovation and Revenue Generation
Presented By Karen Nahum, General Manager, Publishing & Digital, Il Sole 24 Ore
About this Webinar
Innovation is core at Il Sole 24 Ore, the leading Italian economical and financial information media company. Recently renewed with a project combining a new format and layout for the print newspaper, as well as a new website homepage (more flexible and dynamic) and a new app to access all the information products in one tap, including “24+”, the premium section of the site (subscribers-only).
Transformation at Il Sole 24 Ore is a mission, based on four pillars:
- Circularity, between all the print and digital editorial initiatives that enlarges the information system such as supplements, books, social media profiles, video series;
- Innovation that drives value not only in our owned media but also looking at all distribution platforms and market opportunities where we are always first to test and experiment, and the editorial formats with a multimedia offering from print to digital including written articles, video, podcasts, visual;
- Integration both between platforms and editorial staff from print to digital;
- Penetration on targets, where the focus is towards the traditional professional community and new market segments such as young people and women, with dedicated initiatives and a unique value proposition in the market.
The development of a relevant premium digital content strategy focusses on:
- where content and community work together to create appealing products
- combining explanatory journalism, data journalism, experts involved by editors, and a distinctive visual component
- a clear offer, enabling processes with seamless user experiences,
- mobile first and flexible payment methods
- a new communication tone of voice focused on values, not only on content.