Newspapers and the New Relationship with Advertisers
The report aims to improve understanding of the advertising agency and media buying processes and describes the obstacles and opportunities newspaper companies face as they compete for advertising.
Report highlights include:
- New roles for agencies: The unique pressures felt by advertising agencies torn between an historic generalist role and an emerging niche role, including the rise of media buyers.
- Newspaper advertising expectations: Structural expectations for newspaper advertising through 2010.
- Move to multi-media advertising: The trials, tribulations, and possibilities of newspaper companies selling multi-media audience to advertisers and agencies.
- Differing views of multi-media: How differing views of multi-media will slow down newspaper-agency cooperation in multi-platform advertising.
- Where advertising is going: Where experts believe advertising will go for newspapers in this new environment: advertisers, agencies, media buyers, consultants, and newspaper executives.
Who should order this report? This report is written for newspaper chief executive officers, commercial and advertising executives, marketing executives, and strategists.