Revenue Diversification Beyond Traditional Print and Digital
What 14 media companies in 10 countries are doing to diversify revenue streams beyond traditional print and digital media.
Among the new revenue streams covered are:
- Collaborative digital advertising sales company
- Content marketing
- Marketing automation
- Branded merchandise
- Event production and marketing
- Digital printing
- Creative services for local businesses
- Collaborating to build smarter cities
- Mail delivery
- Retail properties
- Sample packs for Millennials
- Exercise classes
- Technology vendor
Who should read the report:
Media company CEOs and executives charged with ideation and strategically creating new profit centers.
What you get with this report
|Included with your report:||Price|
|Complete report, PDF||US$695
Add to Cart
Free for INMA members*
|Table of contents, PDF||Free|
* Free to INMA members whose memberships were active on December 17, 2015
Mark Toner is a freelance writer and editor based in Washington D.C. He has covered the newspaper industry, technology, and the Internet since 1995, and served as a writer and editor for the Newspaper Association of America's Presstime and TechNews magazines.
“Revenue Diversification Beyond Traditional Print and Digital Media” zooms in on the stories of 14 news publishers in 10 countries that are seeking new value from the assets they have or creating adjacencies to those assets.
“There is a rising belief in the news industry that, despite all the talk to the contrary, digital revenue will never replace print revenue and preserve the journalism scale for which publishers expect,” said Earl J. Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of INMA. “This invaluable new INMA report surfaces the scramble to create new revenue streams beyond traditional print and traditional digital.”
Case studies highlighted in the INMA report come from:
- El Colombiano, Colombia: Collaborative digital advertising sales company.
- The Dallas Morning News, United States: Content marketing, marketing automation, branded merchandise, SEO, event marketing.
- E.W. Scripps Company, United States: Podcasting.
- Grupo Nación, Costa Rica: Digital printing.
- Independent Media, South Africa: Events for public institutions.
- KM Media Group, United Kingdom: Creative services for local businesses.
- Kompas, Indonesia: Collaborating to build smarter cities.
- Philly.com, United States: Incubator.
- Rheinische Post Mediengruppe, Germany: Mail delivery.
- Rodale/Hearst UK: Vitamin co-branding.
- Singapore Press Holdings, Singapore: Retail properties and events.
- Toronto Star, Canada: Sample packs for Millennials.
- Vecerniji list, Croatia: Exercise classes.
- The Washington Post, United States: Technology vendor.