28 April 2022
Product and data innovation for media companies is focus of INMA Summit October 5-19
1 September 2021
NEW YORK (1 September 2021) – Guiding news media’s next-stage transformation by putting customers at the center of your business to unlock innovation and growth is the focus of INMA’s first-ever Product and Data For Media Summit October 5-19.
In this five-module virtual Summit featuring 20+ world-class speakers and 12+ hours of expert-curated programming, learn how the fusion of product thinking and smart data at media companies is smashing cultural barriers and unleashing cross-departmental creativity with a new focus on the customer.
The Product and Data For Media Summit will address:
- How to align strategy, organisation, and culture for customer-centricity.
- How to develop a product strategy for a media brand through customer obsession, data science, and product leadership.
- Outstanding products in news – their processes and pitfalls.
- Practical advice about how data helps leads discussions, specifically about measuring engagement, democratising data and scaling experiments, and building your own data leadership toolbox.
- The Cookie Apocalypse and how best to strategise around first-party data, registering and logging users, and what to do next with your data.
The agenda is co-created by the leads of two INMA initiatives:
- Jodie Hopperton of the Product Initiative.
- Greg Piechota of the Smart Data Initiative.
Among the first speakers confirmed by INMA is Gibson Biddle, former vice president, product, of Netflix, who will present a workshop on data-driven product strategy.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Ruth Betz, director, digital news, Hamburger Abendblatt.
- Caroline Carruthers, author of The Chief Data Officer’s Playbook.
- Marek Kopec, group director product, Ringier Axel Springer.
- Lippe Oosterhof, head of product at Yahoo News, Entertainment and Lifestyle.
- Taihei Shigemori, deputy general manager, digital transformation office, Nikkei.
- Dmitry Shishkin, independent digital consultant, United Kingdom.
- Louise Story, author and recently chief news strategist and chief product and technology officer at The Wall Street Journal.
By registering for the INMA Product and Data For Media Summit, attendees will gain access to the livestream October 5, October 7, October 12, October 14, and October 19 as well as all summit recordings and presentations.
The Product and Data For Media Summit is supported by Facebook Journalism Project, Piano, Ring Publishing, United Robots, and Viafoura.
Complete Summit information may be found at www.inma.org/productanddata.
The International News Media Association (INMA) is a global community of market-leading news media companies reinventing how they engage audiences and grow revenue in a multi-platform environment. The INMA community consists of nearly 19,000 members at 900+ news media companies in 77 countries, representing tens of thousands of news brands.
INMA is the news media industry’s foremost ideas-sharing network with members connected via conferences, reports, Webinars, virtual meetings, awards competitions, and an unparalleled archive of best practices. INMA leads the news industry with initiatives dedicated to better understanding digital subscriptions, smart data, product, advertising, and the emerging relationship with Big Tech platforms.