24 April 2018
INMA World Congress in New York to focus on accelerating revenue diversification, digital audience engagement for news publishers
15 December 2014
NEW YORK (15 December 2014) – Accelerating revenue diversification and digital audience engagement at publishing companies will be key themes at the 85th Annual International News Media Association (INMA) World Congress May 10-12 at the TimesCenter in New York.
For complete information on the World Congress, including how to register online, go to www.inma.org/worldcongress.
The INMA World Congress will attract more than 400 senior executives from news media companies in nearly 50 countries. The conference helps set the news media industry’s agenda.
Conference highlights will include:
- Main sessions at TimesCenter: General sessions at the TimesCenter, a world-class meeting facility owned by the New York Times, on May 11-12.
- Media disruption tour: A pre-conference Media Disruption Tour of Manhattan and Brooklyn on May 7-8 with confirmed visits with Bloomberg, Business Insider, Skift, Gothamist, Atavist, and Longform.
- Brainsnacks at Marriott Marquis: A three-hour “Brainsnack” seminar of 15+ brief, to-the-point mini-case studies by media companies reinventing themselves for the Digital Age – all in three hours. This will be held at the conference’s official hotel, the Marriott Marquis, on May 10.
- Awards dinner at Edison Ballroom: A dinner announcing recipients of the coveted INMA Awards and Global Innovation Awards May 12 at Times Square’s Edison Ballroom.
The INMA World Congress is different from other media industry conferences:
- Bringing together the top media companies.
- Leveraging knowledge across an international network.
- Programming put together by volunteer media practitioners.
“The INMA World Congress will connect you with the right people at the right media companies and bring together international peers – a unique combination in today’s news industry,” said Earl J. Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of INMA. “The conference programme is a genuine representation of the conversation at media companies in the midst of intense change. You will hear the voice of the media industry when you attend the INMA World Congress.”
The International News Media Association (INMA) is a global community of market-leading news media companies reinventing how they engage audiences and grow revenue in a multi-media environment. The INMA community consists of nearly 7,000 executives at 600+ media companies in 80+ countries. Headquartered in Dallas, INMA has offices in Antwerp, New Delhi, San Salvador, and São Paulo.
# # #