26 September 2019
NEW DELHI (19 June 2018) – The International News Media Association (INMA) will host a four-day South Asia Media Festival August 7-10 in New Delhi to celebrate best practices in the print and digital ecosystems of the region. All details are at www.inma.org/southasia.
Building on INMA’s world-class study tour initiatives worldwide, the association will launch its first-ever study tour for South Asian members August 7-8. Study tour highlights include:
- Two days of exploration of New Delhi media market with an eye for disruption, innovation and growth opportunities.
- Travel to the new media offices of Bhaskar, Times Internet, Jagran, and the newsrooms of Inshorts, Quint, and India Today.
- Witness in-depth presentations and exciting discussions at these stops on a plethora of topics relevant to the digital media ecosystem in South Asia.
- Key topics include: data-driven journalism, smart initiatives to boost female internet users, artificial intelligence and machine learning backed in-house intelligence tools to drive user acquisition and retention of users, CMS and social media, aggregation models, video, mobile and new media models.
Meanwhile, the 12th Annual INMA South Asia News Media Conference will be held august 9-10 under the theme of “Print Is The New Medium,” which celebrates the strength of the print media. Key highlights include:
- Hear top publishers share their evolution as they withstood technology assaults, changing consumer consumption, and the challenge to bell the millennials.
- Delve into the minds of top editors who will narrate their real-time experiments with truth and their strategies to a never before world of anytime, anywhere.
- Hear what advertisers want media companies to know.
- Monetisation that works for both the readers and advertisers.
- How publishers leverage analytics to claim their place in the sun.
- Powerful panel discussions to grow print brands.
Early bird registrations are open. Additionally, group registrations discounts are available.
The festival will bring together South Asia’s top publishers and specifically executives charged with growing advertising, circulation, brand and revenue from news media companies in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Pakistan. It has excellent opportunities to network and share the “INMA conversation” among this exclusive fraternity of the world’s most innovative newspaper executives.
The International News Media Association (INMA) is the world's leading provider of global best practices and marketing ideas. It provides its members thought leadership and practical ideas to grow audience, advertising, brand and profit. Based in the United States, INMA has offices in Dallas, New Delhi, Antwerp, and San Salvador.
INMA aims to achieve its mission through sharing of global best practises, spotting of trends, commonalities, outliers and by identifying new business model opportunities specific to the region. INMA has nearly 9,000 members in 60+ countries, and South Asia is a crucial part of that global mosaic. INMA now offers Company Membership, which makes it possible for an unlimited number of executives of a news organisation to access INMA benefits.