Gold – Largest Hindi/Bengali Audio-Infotainment Service in The World
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
There are more than 300 million language internet users in India. High penetration of technology has led to an increase in digital content consumption and a rising demand for value content among intellectual/inquisitive language readers. The size of content subscription market in India is approximately 1,420 crores (INR). 245 million users read news on digital platforms with 8 Minutes+ average time spent.*
The business objective of our service is to engage Hindi/Bengali audiences with multi-genre top quality, original audio and written content in Hindi/Bengali while creating a new sustainable revenue stream through subscriptions and advertisements.
India is said to be the 3rd largest podcast market in the world** after US and China. However, most of the podcasts available to people would be primarily in English. There is no such website or app in the world, which provides a large range of multi-genre top quality, original audio and written content in Hindi/Bengali. Navbharat Gold/Ei Samay Gold aims to introduce these audiences to this new global wave of audio-infotainment, in the form of podcasts, along with the option to read.
Content Delivery –
- Audio-first platforms with the option to both listen and read
- Available in screen-off mode, audio on-the-go with download functionality
- Daily Newscast & Businesscast with updates on current-affairs & economy
- Marquee podcasts with serialized content across genres like Current Affairs, Crime, People, Life, Spirituality, Economy, Culture, Science and Vacation
- Podcast playlist - Morning, Evening, Cooking, etc.
- Ad-free experience for paid subscribers
- Available for on both Android and IOS
- Interface to add on home-screen
- Hindi and Bengali Speaking Audiences in India
- NRIs and Indian Expatriates
Paywall and Pricing –
- Freemium Model (15 Days Free Trial on Sign-Up)
- Post 15 days subscription needs to be purchased for ad-free & uninterrupted experience
*Source: EY Report – A billion screens of opportunity
**Source: PWC Report - Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2019–2023
Results for this campaign
- Launched in June 2020, Gold is now the largest Hindi/Bengali audio-infotainment service in the world with 28 million users and 112 Million Unique Page Views contributing to 40 million+ minutes of listening time till date*
- We have created an exclusive collection of 2,500+ original Hindi & Bengali podcasts on Gold
- Average Daily Time Spent per user per day on the platforms by paid subscribers is 16 minutes. Overall average daily time spent per user is 3:23 minutes. Lifetime bounce rates for Navbharat And Ei Samay Gold are 18% and 22.97% respectively*
- We stand at a browser push notification subscriber base of 2.6 Million and daily newsletter subscription base of 0.5 million for Gold which indicates the collective stickiness of both platforms.
- Within 6 months of launch, Gold has been able to achieve 11,000+ subscriptions of which 60% are Annual & Quarterly subscriptions
- Average MOM increase in active subscribers is 23%
- Subscription Renewals have witnessed MOM avg. increase of 45% for Navbharat Gold and 43% for Ei Samay Gold. This is indicative of a loyal subscriber base which is renewing at non-discounted prices.
- As per our feedback survey, Net Promoter Score (NPS) for Navbharat Gold and Ei Samay Gold are 54% and 55% respectively
To experience Gold, visit:
*Source: Google Analytics