Care. Community. Conversation.
Overview of this campaign
As an organisation, The Hindu Group has always been perceived as a brand that leads the change and sparks the difficult conversations. A brand that engages with its audience and goes beyond the call of writing and reporting as a media house.
In the last year, the group initiated multiple brand conversations and brand campaigns with the purpose of bringing like-minded readers together to create communities around, and in doing so attract other readers to interact with the brand. The goal was to choose causes that are imperative, ones that must be addressed and spoken about and initiate conversations among readers and communities at large.
- The primary goal is to talk about imperative issues that need to be addressed and discussed. As a media group of power, influence, and a voice it is our responsibility to bring to light societal and environmental concerns and create awareness and drive conversations.
- To nudge and steer our readers in the right direction and spark social consciousness among people.
- To effectively engage with readers and followers by bringing like-minded readers together to create communities around.
Results for this campaign
Just like the long-format ads are a response to everything that needs to be addressed in the world, ‘Care. Community. Conversation’, was also created as a reaction to a conversation on how as print media we have the power of words and ample print space to make a difference.
All five creatives were born as a response to either a day of commemoration, an incident or experience.
Through implicit messaging we sparked conversations and brought like-minded people together to create communities.
We used print, digital and social media to spread the message. Four out of the five ads were published in print in The Hindu and BusinessLine, website, social media, and e-paper. The piracy awareness ad was published only in The Hindu and BusinessLine e-Papers.
- Our primary objective was met as our readers and followers joined the discussion on some of the imperative issues and made it viral through organic shares. The ads were shared by influencers and aggregators on various platforms such as Mad over Marketing, Social Samosa and others. Various B2B, digital media and entertainment platforms published stories of appreciation such as Exchange4Media, Afaqs, ScoopWhoop and more.
- The piracy awareness communication helped us sensitise our readers on the copyright law and the efforts taken to achieve credible journalism. At the end of the campaign, e-Paper witnessed an overall surge of 40% in subscriptions.