Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
Spreading awareness to every nook and corner and ensuring not just our readers but the entire nation is vigilant, safe and rely on a credible source of information.
Results for this campaign
> Enabling readers #StayInformed
- An exclusive section on COVID-19 in The Hindu website
- Available in 16 languages, The Hindu’s eBook, ‘The Pandemic Notebook’, a handy guide COVID-19 witnessed 6Mn views
- A real-time ticker with data on COVID-19 cases in India
- Free articles on The Hindu’s website has been increased from 10/month to 20
- Free access to The Hindu, The Hindu In School and The Hindu BusinessLine ePapers and youngworld.com
- Sportstar and Frontline offered free downloadable versions of their magazines
> Reader connect
- Awareness ads on social distancing, fake news and others are being regularly published both on digital and print.
- Sportstar collaborated with India’s elite athletes to urge readers to #PlayItSafe.
- The Hindu MetroPlus Weekend and Sportstar have been engaging readers through live Instagram sessions with celebrities.
- The Hindu website has a page focused on wellbeing, with tips on what to read, listen to, and watch.
- The Hindu In School launched a “30-minute Activity Challenge” every day to engage young readers.
- Advertisers with the intent to thank all the frontline heros were brought together through an advertorial created by The Hindu
- To understand consumer behaviour during and plan of action after lockdown, surveys were done amongst 400+ readers. The insights were shared with advertisers, marketers and agencies to help create their communication plans.
> Saying ‘No’ to opportunism
The group took a stand to say ‘No’ to anyone who wishes to milk the situation. Marketers, companies, and individuals were urged not to use the advertising space and social media for their capitalistic gains during this pandemic.
> ‘Print is Proof’
The group joined hands with many of India’s leading newspapers to crusade against fake news.
- Bilingual notes reassuring our readers on the safety measures taken in the printing press and distribution points.
- Ensuring safety among our agents and vendors through informative collaterals on COVID-19, distributing sanitisers, masks and gloves.
>Saying, Thank you!
The group saluted its last-mile delivery partners through a full-page ad.