Overview of this campaign
To deliver the Malayali diaspora an unified experience across the Manorama Family, a brand identity refresh was brought to ManoramaOnline, identifiable to the letter 'M'. It has been designed with high visibility in mind and refreshed to convey a more modern brand.
We keep evolving our content strategies, technologies and digital innovations to respond to the ever-changing world. Our multi dimensional approach of story telling delivered an immersive news experience to the readers. Manoramaonline has made headway in its efforts in reaching the remarkable "50:50 gender balance" in news readership, through our focus on balanced content across gender lines. Innovative concepts were ushered to bridge the generation gap in news readership like "Mkid - the digital newspaper for kids" and "Campus Reporter to nurture the excellent academic scribe to news reporting".
ManoramaOnline's credibility and its hyper local & global traction has delivered value to the advertiser, thereby hitting a surge of 833% in YOY Native campaigns.
• Connecting the Malayali diaspora across the world, to a personalized and multi sensorial news experience.
• Attaining equal gender representation in news readership.
• Bridging the generation gap in news readership thorough innovative approaches for the young readers.
• Increasing the global reach of ManoramaOnline content.
• Aiming increased hyper local & global traction that inturn accrues relevant audience cohorts for advertising.
Results for this campaign
ManoramaOnline has a monthly traffic of 30.2 Million Users, that marks a reach of 80% Malayalis across the globe.
Witnessed 156% growth in YOY traffic and 86% growth in YOY pageviews, as a result of our constant optimizations and personalized content delivery.
The Simplified home page approach increased the returning visitors by 132%.
The multi dimensional approach of story telling engrossed Manoramaonline readers, hitting a higher reader engagement of 6.6 minutes per visit and growth in readership.
Our approach on balanced content delivery across gender lines recorded 143% YOY increase in female readers, leading to 50:50 reader profile.
Ushering innovative concepts like Campus reporter for the youth, witnessed a spike of 154% in YOY traffic of young audience falling in the age group 15 - 24. (data from Comscore multiplatform report)
As 90% readers access Manoramaonline from Mobile devices, implemented Accelerated mobile pages for faster loading, that resulted in 188% growth in YOY Organic Search traffic.
The revenue from native campaigns surged by 833% from last year, that shows the credibility of Manoramaonline content and the value to advertisers.
• Better understanding of our audience behaviour led us to deliver tailored content, thereby witnessing 132% growth in returning visitors.
• Multi sensorial story telling resulted in higher reader engagement and growth in readership.
• Tracking user attention span metrics taught us that alike short-form stories, long form news articles also work in certain sections.
• Repurposing content for different audiences and user groups (like Social and aggregators), enabled strong online presence.
Our philosophy is simple - experiment, learn from the outcome and progress.
Irrespective of what is the result of the experiments - success or failures - it contributed to our progress.