The Biggest Cinema Experience
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
We created a film festival to speak to new audiences and present a different side of Dainik Jagran to the world. A traveling film festival running across 18 cities was an unheard of event in India till we got down to organize it. We re-invented the film festival model to appeal to markets that otherwise weren’t the usual choices for film festivals. The Festival positioning too resonated with the brand ethos of Dainik Jagran, the largest newspaper of India with 70mn readers.
The festival was positioned as “Good cinema belongs to everyone”. In a cluttered newspaper market, we had to be decisively different and had to operate at a scale that befitted our stature as the industry leader.
We had the following objectives:
- Reinvent the way conventional film festivals are organized
- Increase brand awareness
- Create a buzz around the festival
To achieve our goals, we developed a marketing approach that worked across multiple audiences, and across different markets. It was a multi-layered marketing campaign that used a mix of digital media along with innovative use of conventional media and created native content within our newspaper. All along, the event was packaged and promoted as a huge magnet that it earned media through its sheer size, scale and uniqueness.
Brand Building: The festival was positioned as “Good Cinema” for everyone.
Size and Scale: We hired 76 screens across 18 cities, and organized 444 cinema screenings in a span of 3 months.
Worldwide interest: We received 4800 film entries from 37 countries, 36 languages. A preview panel of curators sat through and sifted from this gigantic list to curate the content for the Festival
Multiple side events: 144 events organized through Masterclasses, Panel discussions, In-Conversation with Stars, Q&A Sessions and a summit on “The Future of Cinema”
Marketing associations: We collaborated with 8 brands/platforms to enhance the reach of the Festival.
Unique Newspaper Content: The newspaper editorial celebrated a collective social art and created debates, conversations and an atmosphere
Results for this campaign
NEWSPAPER AS THE AGENT OF CULTURE
We created over 100 Full pages of newspaper content that initiated conversations around contemporary issues in society and how cinema shapes culture.
IMPACT-DRIVEN MEDIA STRATEGY REACHING 300MN
We released 200 ads in newspapers, 4133 Radio Spots, 3500 Instagram stories and FB Posts, 572 TV spots, 105 Cinema ads, along with 350 Billboards, and used Influencer marketing channels.
We created 180 short videos and boosted them through 200 hyperlocal WhatsApp groups.
- We reached 70mn readers of Dainik Jagran
- The digital reach of the festival was 150mn on external platforms
- Social Media reach through JFF platform was 105mn
- Video views of the festival touched 65mn
- A digital engagement of 1mn
- 50 influencers were engaged to spread the word on the festival through their channels
- Campaign reached 20mn through Radio
EARNED MEDIA WORTH INR 250MN
- 18 TV channels aired content about the festival
- 746 digital media platforms wrote about the festival generating 160mn impressions
- 71 publications wrote about the festival
- Celebrities attending the festival tweeted
- An audience footfall of 55000 attended the festival
- 37 films were premiered
- Film Industry Joins in: 125 film personalities participated in the festival.
- 300 international delegates attended the festival.
- We generated a revenue of over 23mn through sponsorships
- We generated around INR 13,60,000 through ticket sales
IMPACT ON BRAND
Highest on Awareness : Dainik Jagran had the highest Top of mind awareness with 50.9%. The next brand had a TOM of 23.3%. Also ranked highest on Satisfaction, Preference, Intention to Read and Recommend.
Brand Imagery : We scored the highest on key brand imagery parameters :
o “This newspaper is the market leader”
o “This newspaper is innovative”
o “ I look forward to getting this newspaper”
Besides this, the highest percentage of respondents said that they “participate in the various activities conducted by this newspaper”.
Source : Brand Research, Dec 2019