Smart Soch Campaign
Overview of this campaign
The objective of this campaign was to serve as the knowledge source for the readers and empower them with the power of knowledge.
Indian Print Media is one the largest print media industry in the world. Print have ruled from ages and will continue to rule in future. Growing literacy rate, low cost and robust distribution network are the key contributing factors which have maintained the growth of print in India.
Print media is still perceived as the most trusted and reliable source of information and continues to play a vital role in generating and shaping public opinion in the country.
Contrary to the expectations, the growing popularity and accessibility of internet and electronic media has not lessen the importance of newspaper in India.
Dainik Bhaskar being the largest circulated newspaper in India initiated the ‘Smart Soch’ Campaign to empower the readers with power of knowledge and serve as the knowledge source.
This campaign aimed at enriching Dainik Bhaskar readers’ experience of reading newspaper by providing them with 'Smart' and 'Knowledgeable' content which would keep them ahead in their lives.
Today’s modern day reader is discerning and extremely selective on what he/she wants to read.
In alignment with DB’s mantra ‘Keeping Readers at Heart of Everything we do’, Dainik Bhaskar’s editorial content is based upon four pillars:
Dainik Bhaskar picks up facts, analyzes these facts and comes out with an unique angle that’s not just interesting but also relevant and credible.
Dainik Bhaskar transformed itself from ‘Source of Information’ to ‘Source of Knowledge’ through presenting its readers with smart and knowledgeable editorial content.
Dainik Bhaskar’s ‘Smart Soch’ campaign is all about communicating the same to its readers.
Results for this campaign
The campaign created a huge impact. As per Karvy Research & Survey *, 71% people has seen the campaign and 85% people (out of the 71%) liked the concept of the campaign. It was the first time when any newspaper has done product campaign.
In order to create maximum awareness and impact, a 360 degree integrated media campaign was run with the following elements:
- Print Ads: A series of themed (hand art) print ads were run creating awareness about the campaign. Apart from the introductory ads, specially designed ads were pubished on major festivals and important days
- OOH: Outdoor Promotion at Airports, Railway Stations , Bus Stands, Malls, prominent city areas and highways which covered 230 sites across 22 cities
- Radio: 30 spots of 20 seconds each across 30 stations in 19 days (A total of 342000 seconds). News Capsule Tag- 8 times per station
- Cinema Slides: Campaign Promotion through Cinema Slides at 183 screens across 24 cities
- Digital: Digital promotion through Dainikbhaskar.com, Divyabhaskar.com and Facebook
- Internal Branding: Office branding done at all Dainik Bhaskar Offices through office façade, standee, danglers, intranet banner, email signature and ceatives at various touch points
From being a ‘Source of Information’, Dainik Bhaskar transformed to become a ‘Source of Knowledge’, which has given a differentiation to the brand.
* This research was conducted in the cities of Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Indore, as these cities represents our reader base the best.