Anandabazar Patrika - Songe Achi - App Helping Anandabazar Patrika Go Hyperlocal
Overview of this campaign
People in the district clusters of West Bengal had a perception that Anandabazar Patrika is more of a main town / metro city / national newspaper and it did not adequately give an opportunity to know more of activities / events / news happenings in and around their district clusters as well as express one’s views, opinions on hyperlocal issues.
To meet this, One special app called ABP SA app was created and launched with the launch of hyperlocal district cluster Anandabazar Patrika newspaper. The app had five main features:-
1) It enabled readers to view videos on interesting news/stories. Readers click and scan the AR coded picture printed in the special district cluster newspaper to see the video related to that specific news
2) A section called “Through your lens” - Readers can send in photographs on a preannounced theme that they have clicked. Selected best pictures are printed in the district cluster Anandabazar Patrika newspaper with the readers’ name.
3) ‘Be the journalist’ – Readers upload hyperlocal issues and news. Articles selected from “Be the Journalist” entries are published in the district cluster newspaper.
4) An ‘Opinion Poll’ section - readers gets an opportunity to share their opinion on an issue through a poll. The result of that poll is published in the hyperlocal district cluster Anandabazar Patrika newspaper on the next day.
5) Section on ‘Content promotion’ - Reader comes to know what are the new content that will be published in the district cluster Anandabazar Patrika newspaper. Reader can click this to generate his intention to read the special content.
Results for this campaign
Using the mobile and the app, an experience beyong mere "PRINT" on hyperlocal issues was given to the people in the district clusters of West Bengal.
App downloads :- 1,41,300
Video views through print :- 2,20, 471
Photographs from readers :- 25,347
Opinion polls :- 26370 responses
Content promotion :- 17,000 leads
Citizen Journalism :- 4,092 stories
This initiative helped the readers to stay updated on the go and share, opinions and views all through mobile.