USA Today Network High School Sports Awards
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
Objectives of our 2018 Sports Awards event series:
- Build new audience within our target growth segments
- Generate revenue
- Bring in new sponsors by creating a branded experience that appeals to sponsor’s goals/business objectives
- Increase brand awareness within each local publication’s community
Results for this campaign
Results from our 2018 Sports Awards event series:
- Reached new audience in target growth segments
- Of the 80,000+ attendees and livestream viewers at our Sports Awards events, 46% were between the ages of 18-39, effectively reaching our target Millennial audience. About 50% were high school athletes (ages 14-17) effectively reaching our target Gen Z audience.
- In addition, more than half did not currently have a subscription (digital and/or print) to one of our publications. Also, is there anything about “changing perceptions of our brands that would be good to quantify here…either Net Promoter Score or more favorable impression of our local brands for this audience.
- Signed 200+ top brand sponsors and generated millions of dollars in revenue with strong profit margins
- In addition to a high rate of renewal sponsorships year over year, the event series has attracted many new sponsors. For 2018, 69% of the sponsors that have signed with us are new business for Gannett.