Overview of this campaign
Parle Platina is a new range of premium cookies from Parle, and 3 sub-brands were the focus of the campaign - Hide and Seek, Milano and Nutricrunch. Another brand from the company, Parle-G is most loved by the North Indian masses. However, Parle’s challenge was to connect emotionally with South India and their objective was to educate the audience about this separate range of premium cookies. The objectives of the campaign were:
- To create emotional connect with the audience of South India for Parle Platina's range of cookies
- To integrate Parle Platina seamlessly into consumer lives and routines
- To profile each sub-brand effectively educate the customer about Parle's premium offerings
- To increase the Top of Mind recall of Parle Platina
- To create buzz about the product(s)
Results for this campaign
A 360-degree marketing campaign was launched – Parle Platina Festive Delights – across South India, with a substantial focus and engagement in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- 32 insertions over 8 weeks in 22 editions of The Hindu and the Group’s vernacular newspaper Inthu Thisai Tamil covering the recipe contest, showcasing shortlisted recipes, as well as content marketing to highlight the cookie’s USPs
- 100+ posts on social media including recipe videos by readers and 14 micro-influencers who were engaged to seed the campaign digitally
- Multiple on-ground activations with women’s clubs and a grand finale cook off with live cooking using a Mystery Box of ingredients as well as renowned local judges
Over 300 recipes were received on the Facebook and Instagram handles of Parle Platina. A pre- and post-campaign dipstick survey showcased increased top of mind recall for the Parle biscuits compared to competitors by as much as 6%. The proportion of respondents who were aware of Parle Platina, the premium range, grew from 36% pre-campaign to 59% post-campaign.