Educating Youngsters to Stay Away from Drugs - VK Drug Free Mangalore Campaign
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
Context: The Education system of Karnataka has been well designed and established from the pre-independence era. Students from many parts of the country/world come here for their Graduation and Post-Graduation. The coastal city of Mangalore is an educational hub which attracts high number of students year on year.
- The largest read newspaper of the state took the responsibility of creating awareness amongst the youngsters about the ill-effects of getting influenced by DRUGS.
- The campaign had to be in a city which hosted many educational institutions so that many students would participate.
- The campaign had to be supported by a credible authority in the administration of the city.
Results for this campaign
The campaign ‘DRUG FREE MANGALORE’ was initiated in August 2018. Hightlights and results of the campaign:
- The Mangalore City Police were partnered in the activity as they could guide the students
- School and College students were included in the campaign
- The campaign included interactive sessions at institutions with representatives from Police, Faculty members of the city institutions who had credible achievements, Psychologist, experts in Personality Development
- Campaign included drawing, quiz, slogan writing & skit competitions in their institutions which attracted participation in large numbers
- Logo design competition – Received more than 2500 designs
- Signature campaign on a Pledge board placed in a city mall. Attracted more than 3000 signatures over a weekend. The signatures were from people of all ages, celebrities and honchoes of the city.
- The Grand Finale included a mega rally with college students and a session in an auditorium where the pledge was taken. The Rally attracted more than 5000 students from various institutions. The Police department took care of the route map and the safety of the students. The Pledge taking was hosted along with Spiritual leaders, Celebrity and Heads of institutions
- More than 25000 students pledged ‘Say No To Drugs’
Another campaign designed by Vijay Karnataka in accordance with its Strategic Pillar Émpowering Kannadigas*.
*Kannadigas are people talking the language Kannada