AFLW Liftout & Supplements
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
The key objectives of the Herald Sun's AFLW liftout and supplements were to:
- Drive incremental advertising revenue into our sports section across print and digital.
- Commit 16 pages of newsprint to a commemorative liftout.
- Form partnerships with influential clients in Victoria.
- Promote AFLW to Victorians.
- Help drive awareness and memberships for AFLW clubs.
- Help drive greater awareness of gender equality in Victoria.
Results for this campaign
The product generated
- Incremental advertising revenue of over $400,000.
- 368 articles in print.
- 404,462 page views on heraldsun.com.au desktop.
- 220,686 unique visitors to mobile.
The following major partnerships were secured.
Victoria Police - co-sponsored the 16 page AFLW liftout. Integrated approach allowed for two AFLW team members who were also registered police to appear in editorial.
VicHealth Gender Equality - Wanted to promote gender equality. Initial brief was digital only. Client ended up booking a comprehensive print and digital campaign. Digital resulted in a 0.79% CTR on desktop and 0.96% on mobile. They also booked 10 press ads aligned to AFLW content.
- "Amazing, Brilliant." - VicHealth
- “This is Fantastic! The client will be very happy.” - Trent Light, Dentsu Mitchell
Priceline - sponsored the AFLW season launch liftout and double page Bulldogs team poster. The client was so pleased with the results that they sponsored an additional special 8-page souvenir liftout that ran in Herald Sun sport.
iSelect - Wanted to leverage their existing sponsorship of the Melbourne Football Club women's team by aligning themselves with a team poster in the Herald Sun.
Collingwood Football Club - Collingwood Football Club drove membership awareness to help build their fan base by sponsoring the team photo in the Herald Sun.
Porter Davis - Sponsored the grand final winners poster to market their 'Respect' campaign.
AFL - “A quick note to thank and congratulate you guys on a fabulous liftout for the start of the AFLW today. It’s terrific, and the work of a real partner. Appreciate it.” AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan.