A celebration of Readers' Trust - Bhaskar Utsav
Overview of this campaign
What did we do?
A mega-celebration wrapped in the form of ‘Bhaskar Utsav’ to mark the 14th Anniversary of Divya Bhaskar in Ahmedabad city from 4th to 11th of November 2017.
We created a buzz in the city with élan, through a series of high octane events that reached out to the youth, women, urban aspirers & masses and classes alike.The objective was to strengthen the brand’s perception and celebrate readers’ trust by shifting gears through an all-encompassing, ‘never seen before’ event that leaves an enriching brand experience building top of the mind recall.
A massive 360-degree campaign was executed with print ads along with exclusive edit notes, promotion on television & radio, trade mailers, digital promotion and an impressive outdoor branding ensured complete attention.
Eight back to back events were held in order to gain momentum and leave the city with special experience where the brand offered an opportunity to its readers to connect with their favorite stars on a one-to-one basis. While the star-studded event included Bollywood celebrities like Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone,Ranvir Singh, Shahid Kapoor, Boman Irani, Kailash Kher (Singer) names like Sanjeev Kapoor (Celebrity Chef),Baba Ramdev (Yoga Guru & founder of Patanjali) and Kumar Vishwas (Performance poet & politician) also contributed in adding a spark to the celebration. A Gujarati ‘Dayro’ (devotional singing), a columnist talk show (prominent writers and journalists) and a national Kavi Sammelan (Poets conference) added diversity to the event.
The leading industrialist, businessmen, socialites, politicians, bureaucrats and dignitaries of the state ensured their presence and expressed their trust and loyalty for the brand.The event was a non-commercial , open-to-all, festive extravaganza that acknowledged reader’s trust in the publication and promised to give back to its readers an experience to treasure
Results for this campaign
What did we achieve?
- The event was a runaway success with a combined figure of over 0.1 million attendees left with a larger than life brand experience
- Average viewership for the event was a massive 73 minutes.
- A big line up of celebrities helped strengthen the brand’s perception and visibility that in-turn built local connect, advertising revenue and circulation for the brand
- Celebrities and business clients tweeted and uploaded event videos on YouTube
- While celebrities like Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padokone and Baba Ramdev had visited the city before but never did any publication lend the local readers a chance to interact with the stars on a one-on-one basis through a non-ticketed, open for all event.
- A PR worth 0.32 million was generated through the event with close to 60 media pieces
- A qualitative research pre and post event revealed that our brand imagery was enhanced by 8.3 % on attributes like trustworthy, engaging and happening newspaper.