Growing the readership of Ebela.in by cementing its position as the go-to Bengali brand for millennials.
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
Growing the readership of and user-engagement on Ebela.in by cementing its position as the go-to Bengali brand for millennials.
Early on we realised that millennials have a particular fascination with entertainment, music, movies etc. So we deliberately used our content in that space almost consciously as a device to reel our audience in.
1. Editorial teams increased the variety and depth of Entertainment coverage. We grew video content 12 times to cater to the Bengali millennial.
2. Product team tweaked the website to position Entertainment content on prime real-estate.
3. Marketing devised a communication plan to showcase the priority. To engage audiences and sustain visibility, we decided to run four mid-sized campaigns over the year instead of a single large one.
a. BhalobasharShohor, a digital movie - Ebela.in became the first Bengali website to host the global premiere of a distinguished Bengali short film. The movie had 340 thousand views on YouTube and trended between Number six and 12 within the first three days of release. It is among the most critically-acclaimed films.
b. A viral music video for Durga Puja - We created and released a Puja music video with a millennial spirit. The song went viral and was shared almost 15,000 times, had 4 million views.
c. Tie-up for movie ProjapotiBiskut - Ebela.in was the digital partner for one of the most awaited Bengali movies of the year, ProjapotiBiskut. Apart from the typical amplification of exclusive content and celebrity interviews surrounding the film, we created a special buzz around its music.
d. Digital partner for the Kolkata Launch of actress Hema Malini’s autobiography
Results for this campaign
- Ebela.in has emerged clearly as the web destination for the Bengali users seeking youth-centric content
- It has become the most-preferred digital partner for leading Bengali films and the Entertainment community
- The brand campaigns established Ebela.in as the leader in its segment and helped us acquire new audiences and increase engagement.
- 116 percent growth in Page Views
- 33% growth in unique users*
- 84.82 percent growth in Direct traffic sessions
- Facebook community grew by almost 30 percent
The year 2017 also saw increased user engagement
- 66 percent growth in the average number of pages per visitor
- 40 percent higher engagement on our Facebook page
Data source: Comscore (Nov’16, Dec ’17), FB Insights
*User data (Oct – Dec ’16 and Oct- Dec’17)