Aftenposten event A-tech
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
One of Aftenpostens major objectives is to present live journalism in order to strengthen our content and brand as well as amplify loyalty to existing and new readers/users.
Aftenposten aims to take a leading market position in the fields of technology, society and management. A-tech 2017 addressed how tumultuous changes driven by digitization and automation will impact the future workplace. A-Tech will help consolidate Aftenpostens position as a supplier of technology fabric and taking a market position within this subject.
We wanted to create an arena for sharing knowledge, gaining insight as well as inspiring our audience to get a sense of urgency within this subject. Our goal was to create the most important venue in Norway within this subject of an international level. This is important in order to build brand awareness as well as contribution to increased subscription sales.
A-tech is a B2B conference, where the objective is to tie closer to this specific market. We’re creating a new and innovative arena for sponsors and advertisers to meet their end customers.
Another objective of this event is to take the children’s order. Therefore, we invited 500 students between 10-13 years old to join us at the A-tech conference in order to engage and inspire subjects as math, new technology and netiquette.
In addition, we arranged a more intimate and exclusive event the day before the main conference with a VIP dinner at the Grand hotel in Oslo. We gathered all the international speakers, tech experts and special guests to a smaller professional event with a following dinner.
Results for this campaign
A-Tech has once again delivered high-level content with major international profiles that not only promises Aftenposten, but also Norway as a destination for technological development.
- 800 sold tickets to the main conference
- 200 guests
- 130 sold tickets for the VIP dinner the day before
- 5000 participating children at Junior A-tech
- 500 new subscribers through articles and live stream
- 3 main sponsors
- A total income of $620 000
- High level of venue and technical show
- High level of speakers and contributors
- High level of international and national content and lecturers
- Large media coverage, including national TV channels, newspapers as well as tech journals.
- Prominent guests like H.K.H. Crown Princess Mette Marit, Estonian President Kersti Kaljulaid, Ray Kurzweil, Adrian Grenier, Padmasree Warrior and David Rowan.
One of our sponsors, Accenture, chose to expand their sponsorship by arranging Innovation Challenge in cooperation with Aftenposten.
Aftenposten and Accenture visited 10 colleges / universities in Norway (Trondheim, Bergen, Stavanger, Kr sand and Oslo). The students were challenged on 7 key issues, and they sent cases with solutions using new technology. The winner was elected at the A-tech conference, and the prize was $ 150,000 to further develop the concept.
For more information: