Brands Make Inroads To The Corporate World With mid-day!
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
mid-day is the only paper in Mumbai that gives news and updates twice a day with its morning and evening editions. Thus, making it the right media vehicle to reach the right TG of working professionals and establish the Knorr cup-a-soup's campaign communication on curbing the junk eating habits in evening snack time and substituting it with the Knorr soup.
The campaign was positioned as a print led corporate activation to promote Knorr cup-a-soup with the working professionals in Mumbai. The proposed activity was a step towards endorsing the brand's communication and inducing trials of the product at an optimal time when the office goer tends to consume unhealthy food as his mid-meal.
Both editions of mid-day were utilized to establish & accomplish this activity. The morning edition was encased in a Knorr cup-a-soup branded folder, along with the soup satchet and a cup that would instantly allow the TG to sample and experience the product. This was distributed within corporate offices by trained volunteers who demonstrated how the soup could be prepared within a minute.
The evening edition on the other hand worked as a recall medium carrying an impact cover with similar communication (the edition also lent itself to innovation with its front page including the masthead that had missing letters which worked as a head turner in the form of a false cover), hence encouraging trials of the product that was already distributed with the said TG.
Results for this campaign
- mid-day proved to be an effective vehicle to make inroads to the corporate world for the brand Knorr cup-a-soup
- The use of both editions ensured a high OTS quotient
- The goal of experiential marketing was achieved, with an on the spot sampling of the brand
- The distribution network of mid-day in Mumbai ensured sampling of the product inside offices, at the entrances, at the desks, inside meeting rooms & canteens
- For this activation, offices around Mumbai were identified spanning across the main city and going into the suburbs. Areas like Nariman Point, Lower Parel, Goregaon, Malad, Vashi, Vikroli, Thane, Powai, amongst others were targeted
- With this print led corporate activation, mid-day could achieve the sampling with 50000+ working professionals from about 25+ offices of Mumbai within 4 days