Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
- The Indian tax structure was fragmented and anarchic with 24 levies and 15 different types of taxes. Octroi, cess, VAT, service tax and surcharge further made the tax regime complex.
- The Government decided to simplify the tax structure to the revolutionary ‘One nation one tax system’ called the Goods & Service Tax. As the country geared up amidst chaos, confusion and lack of clarity, the road ahead seemed long and complicated
While GST was the biggest tax reform, people were struggling to understand its impact on their daily lives. Half-baked reports and self-styled tax experts’ opinions in the media were adding to the confusion. People needed a friendly expert who could demystify the new regime.
Objective: To be the only Knowledge Source for the public amidst confusion and chaos surrounding GST.
Results for this campaign
- 1.2 million calls received and addressed by the GST Cell and GST experts
- 8,647 questions on GST were answered by the experts in the newspaper
- More than 800 articles published in the newspaper regarding GST
- 26,000 people attended GST Knowledge Seminars in 20 cities