Your Money Matters 2.0! National Financial Literacy Program for Youth
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
- Develop a fun and educational financial literacy campaign for youth across Canada.
- Increase the exposure for the client by 100% vs. last year!
- Use the Toronto Star's high-visibility Newspaper in Education program to promote the resource to educators across the country
- Increase awareness of TD's commitment to financial education for youth and parents across Canada
We launched a national marketing campaign, which included extensive brand exposure for the advertiser through logo placement, and sponsorship acklowledgement on all print and digital promotional material, as well as client branded print ads related to financial literacy. We also executed very targeted marketing to teachers through our Newspaper in Education email, Twitter account, direct mail and digital ads. The campaign was developed in both English and French.
Once the printed financial literacy section was sold out, we expanded the reach by promoting a digital edition on our website. Students and teachers were given free access to the Toronto Star ePaper for two months.
Results for this campaign
- Over 200,000 copies of the financial literacy resource was distributed to youth across Canada, which was double the distribution achieved last year.
- Over 99% of teachers that responded to our post campaign survey indicated they would recommend our financial literacy resource.
- The program generated incremental revenue for several divisions within Star Metro Media.
- Select teacher feedback:
"This program engages students in real world mathematics and gets them thinking about their future financial decisions."