Toronto Star Touch
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
• Implement a data driven relationship between editorial and analytics to establish a formalized process for tablet app optimization where content and product insights are actioned and assessed.
• Formalize tablet app analytics and optimization efforts to drive user engagement including increased time spent, and number of daily users.
Results for this campaign
• Established tablet app specific analytics process: app data review, recommendations based on linear user experience, establish app testing parameters, assess test performance, iterate.
• Developed tablet app analytics reporting taking into account unique platform features such as offline reading, edition based content, push notifications,and automatic downloads.
• Recommended over 16 product and content changes. Newsroom implementation of suggested changes lead to an increase in time spent per device on iOS by 25% and Android by 23% over a 12 month period.
• Increased time spent through product and content recommendations to an average of 27 minutes per user per day, at times reaching 35 minutes per users on weekends.
• For example, content optimization was applied to the Entertainment section which increased time spent on screen by 59% on iOS and 48% on Android.