Cathay Pacific BrandInsider
Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
Asia’s biggest international carrier, Cathay Pacific Airways’ marketing goals for 2016 were to build customer loyalty/relationship, raise brand awareness and drive both engagement and lead generation with Singapore’s audience.
While they have a global #LifeWellTravelled campaign, they wanted a platform to effectively push market-specific messages in SG, and reach the local audience.
SPH BrandInsider provides a well-placed solution, tapping on SPH’s vast network and credibility as a legacy publisher to provide relevant, informative content to readers. The year-long campaign - Cathay Pacific BrandInsider - let client work with a team of newsroom-trained content managers to create branded content beyond pushing product information. Addressing a Singaporean readership, the team created readable, lifestyle-driven pieces that entertained and informed.
Our 6-pronged content marketing approach:
1. Design: Customised microsite - in line with CX's branding - that is visually-driven with both rich media and videos
2. Develop: Ideate, create, curate. We worked with the CX team to plan a year-long content calendar with fresh content written by the BI team; each writer backed by years of journalistic experience. We utilized that skill set and covered some of these by first-hand experience: flying with Cathay Pacific and going behind the scenes both in SG and HK where the carrier is based
3. Discover: Traffic to the microsite is native and discoverable as CX BI sits on st.com with traffic drivers from the news platform's homepage
4. Distribute: The engaging site is mobile responsive and articles are amplified via various channels: SPH’s network (straitstimes.com and asiaone.com), ST's FB & Twitter pages, BI’s FB and audience targeting as value-add
5. Deliver: Always-on content marketing campaign that focuses on quality engagements
6. Data - Weekly reports on content and site's performance are shared with the client
Results for this campaign
Jimmy Lee, Marketing & Sales Manager, said: “We wanted a content hub that pulls together stories that inspire our customers to travel well, discover new destinations or even re-discovering familiar places for their future travels. BrandInsider helped us achieve that effectively, by driving customer engagement through Straits Times online portal and social media platform.”
We delivered a variety of purposeful pieces that performed with an avg of 13k PVs and 4min dwell time per article - comparable to editorial content. 3 best performing articles with highest PVs: 27k - Behind the scenes of one of the world’s largest airline kitchens, 18k - Flying Solo, 20k - Behind the scenes with Cathay Pacific cabin crew. Other noteworthy articles with rich media includes: Guide to early 2017: Events around the world & Off the beaten track in Taiwan.
We also tapped into our own repository to curate highly relevant stories related to travelling and Cathay Pacific.
Data and reach: BrandInsider’s campaign manager tracks the performance of each piece of content together with the site’s performance and delivers weekly report to the client. This translates to an always-on content marketing campaign.
Traffic Driver Performance: In total, throughout the year-long campaign, traffic drivers served close to 59 million impressions and garnered 69k clicks. 75% of traffic drivers surpassed the ad benchmark.
BI Tactical Banners & Quicklinks Performance: Tactical banners such as IMU performed well with 0.41% CTR, exceeded industry benchmark of 0.27%. This was a successful lead generation for CX, driving readers to their website for more information on travel destinations and deals.