Overview of this campaign
To build a brand identity which promotes South Cumbria to the rest of the UK and beyond as the place of ‘choice’ to live, work, play and do business.
Linking up with more than 20 businesses and organisations including tier one commercial partners BAE Systems, GSK, Siemens, NHS, Kimberly-Clark, University of Cumbria and Furness College.
A one-stop shop brand on web, print, social media, events, and virtual careers fair, all focused on career opportunities, and then lifestyle options which allow prospective candidate to make the move, such as housing, schools, leisure and culture - everything you need to know to help you make a career/life decision.
Aimed at those looking to relocate to South Cumbria and young people considering their career options.
Has a striking identity suited to the ambition of the brand and its national and international reach, promoted through print, digital, & social media.
Content at www.choosesouthcumbria.co.uk is a key driver. It brings relevance and the opportunity to connect with audiences - building relationships that are tangible.
Working in partnership to become content publishers showcasing the region and its success stories helps shape perceptions.
Inspire people to work and live in South Cumbria to allow business to grow.
Create a lobby group to present a united and single voice to Government.
Create an environment for networking and collaborative working.
Drive industry standards - to help promote the region.
Build web offer on Work, Live, Play, Learn & Active Lifestyle.
Champion area and careers through case studies of people who have relocated & young people who have chosen to stay.
Offer job search, talent pool, e-newsletter, Virtual Careers Fair page and latest news and interaction. Branded (accessible) pages for partners and for individual companies with E-wraps, Banner & MPU positions.
Offer content opportunities (e.g. featured stories, featured properties, featured schools).
Host a virtual Careers Fair works like a normal careers fair. Completely interactive & can be as creative as client wants. Offers back office access to stand & statistics for clients.
Results for this campaign
Media Campaign – Print & Online
- Print adverts (13cm x 10cm) in two editions of 74 newspapers with 1,937,395 circulation along with adverts in Scotland On Sunday, Sunday Herald& Sunday Post (836,853 circulation) & in British Medical Journal & Nursing Times
- National online media campaign delivered 6.5m impressions and 11,934 click throughs to website
- Email leaflet issued to Cumbria Tourism distribution list of 156,896 people;
- Opened by 16,686 people (10.6% open rate. Most popular sections of leaflet were introduction to the website and careers fair registration page;
- High profile social media activity through Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin;
- Press releases distributed to general and specialist media.
Virtual Careers Fair – Key Statistics
- Attracted 1,173 unique visitors;
- 292 people registered to enjoy full interactive experience;
- 150+ roles featured during fair
- CVs submitted 242 times;
- 144 direct applications made (some linked to external websites/ pages);
- 2,799 visits made to stands (on average 2.4 stands per visitor);
- 52% from Cumbria;
- 21% from other parts of the UK, with a quarter from Scotland.
Website traffic post launch April 29-May 28:
- Sessions 17,285; Users 15,019; Page Views 35,910; Pages / Session 2.08; Avg. Session Duration 00:01:13; Bounce Rate 75.47%; New Sessions 85.66%.
- Since launch: Most visitors came direct (virtual careers fair impact), organic & social media (Twitter & Facebook).
- Top 10 locations for visitors to site: London, Barrow, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Leeds, Kendal, Preston & York;
- Top 10 pages: Homepage, Careers (multiple pages), personal stories, GSK partner page, live, work, Lakelovers Win a Holiday In The Lake District competition, news, location & Siemens partner page.
Attended range of events in November 2015 where partners have followed up strong leads Acute & General Medicine recruitment fair, London, BMJ Careers Fair, London; RCN Careers Fair, Manchester; Kendal Mountain Festival; Auction of Original Comic Art, (Lakes International Comic Art Festival), London.
New employees have joined companies on back of Choose recruitment.
There is strong appetite from other companies/ organisations for campaign to go across Cumbria (Sellafield, Britain’s Energy Coast, Centre For Nuclear Excellence, Cumbria LEP etc.) and is planned as part of growing into Choose Cumbria brand in 2016.