Overview of this campaign
Home Magazine is the home inspiration insert in our metro newspaper (e.g. Daily Telegraph) – and the lead advertising channel for home builders in Australia.
We were approached by builder clients for insights into the consumer path to purchase – which were not available.
In order to continue our long-standing good relations with our clients and to better understand the market ourselves, we commissioned this study.
• Position ourselves as a partner to our builder clients by providing valuable consumer insights
• Maintain Home Magazine’s leading role across top builder ad budgets
• Uncover the consumer path to purchase:
- To find commercial opportunities for builders
- Commercial opportunities for Home Magazine to leverage and develop- particularly in the digital space
- Discover the role of media and marketing play
- Open new client conversations to offer new NCA products and solutions
Results for this campaign
The research revealed valuable insights for both NCA and advertisers - confirming Home Magazine plays a key role in inspiring consumers planning or building a new home. It also clearly revealed the consumer need for ‘how to build’ information to navigate the complex path – but most importantly it uncovered Home Magazine is one of the rare ‘how to build’ resources consumers use.
The results of the research included
• The launch of two new NCA products:
- The Gloss Home Magazine
- The Home Magazine page on the dailytelegraph.com.au
- Both featuring inspiration and ‘how to build’ content
- Both products launched along with our new digital products at the tail end of the presentations
• Client launch materials:
- A client presentation - a visually-appealing presentation with vibrant colours and lifestyle images aligned
- 40 page gloss book – the client gift summarising the research in more detail
- Both pieces designed to present the path in clear stages, peppered with consumer quotes and a clear summary of the commercial opportunities for clients to use
• Client launch execution:
- In NSW, the presentation was taken on a client roadshow with the gloss books as a gift leave behind
- In VIC, we held a client event at the NCA office to update clients on the latest News Corp digital offerings as well as the consumer research - the gloss book was given as a gift
In both markets, the study was greatly appreciated by clients and left the impression that NCA is their partner in business and experts in their market
• The study started new conversations resulting in incremental revenue of $230k in NSW alone - $100k from digital and $130k from the Gloss Home Magazine
• Clients used the study results to confirm and modify their business plans – giving them more confidence in their strategy to service, market to and win consumers