Overview of this campaign
FOR PROBLEM SOLVING
Twittercrónica is a news reporting exercise in real time aimed at telling the city's stories in a participatory fashion, using informative contributions from the audience. It's an act of transparency that takes advantage of the resources offered by social networking and citizen journalism to enrich stories with images, video, and commentary sent in by citizens themselves about issues affecting them.
WEB + PRINT
With their smartphones, the reporter and his audience go 'hunting' for stories, as well as follow the development of ongoing investigations. They contribute content and guide the mission or process allowing for the discovery of unexpected characters, situations, and locations.
REAL AND TANGIBLE
- Consolidate and strengthen a relationship with followers of @elcolombiano
- Increase loyalty, promote constructive interaction.
- Create a journalistic product aimed at mobilizing authorities and citizens towards action that benefits the solution of urban issues such as pollution, noise, waste, traffic jams, informal employment.
- Highlight positive stories that raise awareness and inspire a sense of belonging towards the city and the region; with this in mind, topics such as local gastronomy, recreational activities, sports, and dignified employment are also a main focus of this strategy, which will celebrate its fifth anniversary in 2015.
Results for this campaign
- Thanks to Twittercrónica and other supportive strategies used on Twitter, the account has displayed constant growth (see graph).
- Tweeters' massive participation with both material and
- ideas for new topics to develop.
- Partnerships generated with organizations and communities
- Recognition as a space where complaints can be filed and those problems affecting communities can subsequently be addressed and solved.
- Speedy delivery of information generates faster responses or solutions.
- Readers thanked EL COLOMBIANO and its Twitter account for actions and solutions achieved thanks to this original journalistic endeavor.