Overview of this campaign
Be the preferred media house for following the Chess World Championship.
Create engagement through a digital campaign that paid tribute to our Chess King, Magnus Carlsen!
Our goals were:
- 200 000 views per episode of VGs online chess broadcast (web TV)
- Increase brand association: “entertainment” with 10%
- Increase brand liking with 2 %
- Heighten the interest for the World Chess Championship
- Create a simple digital activity that engages the Norwegian public
Results for this campaign
- 240 000 views per episode of VGs online chess broadcast (TV)
- 60% more unique users than the public broadcaster NRK’s web TV.
- 26% increase in brand association: “entertainment” by the end of the championship (from 23% to 29%)
- 5% increase in brand liking by the end of the championship (From 43% to 45%)
- The «Magnus sweater» site had 154,000 unique users, all of whom on average spent 3 minutes and 19 seconds on the site. (Normally users spend 49 seconds on advertisement driven sites.)
- Bouncrate was only 21, 59%! (Normally this is around 70%)
- 10 000 000 knitted stiches
SEE ATTACHED VIDEO CASE MOVIE FOR BACKGROUND, OBJECTIVES, RESULTS AND WHAT WE DID- OR USE THIS LINK http://icecube.cc/video/vg/chess2014