INMA Webinar: What Publishers Need To Do About GDPR
Do you have any European subscribers, advertisers, email addresses or Web site visitors? The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect May 25, 2018, and it will affect you.
Here's a snapshot of what you need to know (hint: it's all about consumer consent):
- It's a set of regulations, not recommendations. It's NOT optional.
- It is issued by the European Union, but it affects U.K. and U.S. entities as well.
- It's got real teeth: penalties and judicial stature.
Under the GDPR, consumers have the right to:
- Give or withhold consent.
- Access their personal data.
- Fix their personal data.
- Object to direct marketing.
- Be forgotten.
- And more ...
Join this INMA Webinar featuring Eric Shanfelt, a 25-year digital media veteran, as we go through the practical implications of GDPR, what you must do to comply, and how it impacts your various digital system (e-mail, circulation, and more).
This Webinar is ideal for media executives responsible for ensuring their organizations are prepared for GDPR and its impact on their operations.
- Date: Wednesday, April 18
- Time: 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. New York time
- Cost: Free for you as an INMA member
- How: Send an e-mail to Krista Avedikian at firstname.lastname@example.org
This webinar is only available to INMA members.
Presentation by Eric Shanfelt, Founding Partner, Nearview Media
18 April 2018
Denver, United States
This Webinar is only available to INMA members:
- Log in now and register for the Webinar
- Check to see if your company is a Corporate Member (request to be added to the membership)
- Join INMA as a member and register for the Webinar
- For all inquiries, send an e-mail to Krista Avedikian at email@example.com