FT Digital Media Conference
The FT Digital Media Conference, an annual London event held March 7-8 this year at Grange St. Paul’s Hotel, took place almost to the day of the 25 billionth app download.
The theme from this year’s event was the impact of social media on media channels. The conversation kept coming back to how to embrace it, how to tame it, and how to monetise it.
The key topics of the event can be broadly broken down into:
- Wikipedia’s business model being unusual.
- Charging verses “freemium” for digital newsprint.
- The effect of mobile on Web traffic.
- The effect of technology on news gathering.
- What is being invested in media.
- Monetising social data.
- The next round of technology that is in the offing.
INMA sent correspondent Paul Skeldon to cover this event and this is his summary.
07-08 March 2012
Grange St. Paul's Hotel
London, United Kingdom