Happy New Year everyone!
While I was posting and sharing all these lists on my blog, I tried to fish for a pattern among them.
Here are some of my observations:
- Humour and casual content are tops.
- We are not that different globally when it comes to pop culture – Jennifer Lawrence, K-pop stars, for example.
- News spreads fast and furious these days — in a matter of seconds and globally. Examples include the deaths of Paul Walker and Nelson Mandela, news of which trended worldwide online immediately.
- Online activities largely mirror what goes on in real life. In Singapore, the haze that enveloped the country in mid-July last year was the talk of the town online, just like it was in real life.
- Lists always work. Look at the number of top videos that are titled “Top 10….,” “Top 5….,” etc.! It’s no accident I am making a list here myself.
How is 2014 going to be for you? Have you made a list of resolutions?