INMA today released an executive summary of the recent WAN-IFRA World Newspaper Congress and World Editors Forum in Kiev, Ukraine.
INMA members may view the summary via two methods:
- PDF: Click here to download a curated PDF version of the summary.
- Web: Click here to read the summary online.
The three-day conference, sponsored by the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA), drew an audience of more than 1,000 publishers, editors, and other senior newsmedia executives from around the world.
- The current four-platform (print, broadcast, mobile, tablet) media production routine is differentiating news products along platform lines. We can expect certain types of news from certain types of platforms.
- Culture change from within the newsmedia industry — to adapt to external change and to innovate and lead — is a key next step.
- Two-speed metaphors ascribed to “fast” and “slow” journalism, alongside “lean back” and “lean forward” characterisations of media-platform use, are proliferating to explain the changes within and around the newsmedia industry.