Product and data innovation for media companies is focus of INMA Summit October 5-19
INMA News Blog | 01 September 2021
Guiding news media’s next-stage transformation by putting customers at the center of your business to unlock innovation and growth is the focus of INMA’s first-ever Product and Data For Media Summit October 5-19.
Click here for information and to register now
In this five-module virtual Summit featuring 20+ world-class speakers and 12+ hours of expert-curated programming, learn how the fusion of product thinking and smart data at media companies is smashing cultural barriers and unleashing cross-departmental creativity with a new focus on the customer.
The Product and Data For Media Summit will address:
- How to align strategy, organisation, and culture for customer-centricity.
- How to develop a product strategy for a media brand through customer obsession, data science, and product leadership.
- Outstanding products in news – their processes and pitfalls.
- Practical advice about how data helps leads discussions, specifically about measuring engagement, democratising data and scaling experiments, and building your own data leadership toolbox.
- The Cookie Apocalypse and how best to strategise around first-party data, registering and logging users, and what to do next with your data.
The agenda is co-created by the leads of two INMA initiatives:
- Jodie Hopperton of the Product Initiative
- Greg Piechota of the Smart Data Initiative
Among the first speakers confirmed by INMA is Gibson Biddle, former vice president, product, of Netflix, who will present a workshop on data-driven product strategy.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Ruth Betz, director, digital news, Hamburger Abendblatt
- Caroline Carruthers, author of The Chief Data Officer’s Playbook
- Lippe Oosterhof, head of product at Yahoo News, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Taihei Shigemori, deputy general manager, digital transformation office, Nikkei
- Dmitry Shishkin, independent digital consultant, United Kingdom
- Louise Story, author and recently chief news strategist and chief product and technology officer at The Wall Street Journal.
By registering for the INMA Product and Data For Media Summit, attendees will gain access to the livestream October 5, October 7, October 12, October 14, and October 19 as well as all summit recordings and presentations.
Complete Summit information may be found at www.inma.org/productanddata.