The International News Media Association (INMA) will hold its 94th-annual World Congress of News Media April 22-26, 2024, in London.
INMA today unveiled the London site selection and details of World Congress Week at www.inma.org/worldcongress2024.
The INMA World Congress is the news industry’s premier annual event dedicated to the business of media and journalism. Across two days of conference, two days of study tours, and one day of workshops, INMA will spotlight how to grow audience, brand, and revenue.
More than 500 professionals from the top news media companies in 50+ countries are expected to attend this international gathering, including c-suite executives from Africa, Asia/Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and North America. The 2024 event marks only the second time INMA has held its annual conference in London.
Venues selected for INMA London include:
- Queen Elizabeth II Centre for the conference and workshops.
- Tower of London for the conference’s Welcome Reception.
Operating under the theme of “Turning Uncertainty Into Opportunity,” the INMA programme will cater to the needs of news publishers navigating uncertainty on multiple fronts: societal, business, technological, digital transformation, and demographics.
Key areas of conference programming will include:
- Where news media fits in an exponential age and a changing world.
- Insights about smartly navigating economic booms and busts.
- CEOs discussing the emerging long-term business models of news media.
- How editors are bending the transformation of newsrooms into the business of news.
- AI at the forefront: connecting the new use cases to make sense for media.
- Advertising shifts, e-commerce, and revenue diversification.
- The audio and video renaissance.
- The next growth path for digital subscriptions.
- AR, VR, and gamification and what they mean for news media.
Building on the strengths of the London market, INMA will conduct three simultaneous study tours during World Congress Week dedicated to legacy media reinvention, digital media innovation, and advertising. INMA aims to visit up to 24 companies across the three study tours.
Four end-of-week half-day workshops will go deep into INMA specialties: digital subscriptions, generative AI, product and tech, and newsroom transformation.
The Tower of London opening reception will provide INMA delegates exclusive access to the Tower grounds, the crown jewels, the White Tower, and more.
The Global Media Awards Dinner at the world-famous Victoria and Albert Museum will not only reveal 2024 INMA honourees but will provide exclusive access to museum collections and the Raphael Gallery.
Meanwhile, INMA will continue making its subject matter experts available to corporate members attending the London event in “Ask Me Anything” private sessions.
“INMA’s selection of London for its 2024 World Congress Week will bring together four media moments, including digital transformation, the rise of generative AI, the competitive London market, and the globalisation of British media,” said Earl J. Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of INMA. “We aim to work at this busy intersection to find unique insights, innovations, and inspiration for INMA World Congress attendees. There’s not another event like this in the news industry today.”