INMA elects 10 top media executives to board of directors
INMA News Blog | 24 May 2023
INMA members elected 10 new executives to its governing board of directors during the non-profit organisation’s annual business meeting on Wednesday.
Executives elected to new board terms are:
- Marcelo Benez, chief commercial officer, Folha de S.Paulo, Brazil
- David Dinsmore, chief operating officer, News UK, United Kingdom
- Carsten Erdmann, editor-in-chief/digital products, Funke Media, Germany
- Frederic Kachar, chief executive officer, Infoglobo, Brazil
- Frank Mahlberg, managing director, BILD and B.Z., Axel Springer, Germany
- Mapula Nkosi, managing editor, City Press/Media 24, South Africa
- Gerold Riedmann, chief executive officer, Russmedia, Austria
- Pam Siddall, co-president, Advance Local, United States
New INMA Board terms begin June 1.
INMA Past President Damian Eales, global head of transformation for News Corp, also made note of two additional board appointments made since the last business meeting in June 2022:
- Pablo Deluca, director of institutional affairs, Infobae, Argentina, as president of the Latin America Division.
- Petteri Putkiranta, president/news and feature, Sanoma Media, Finland, as president of the Europe Division.
Stepping down from the board are:
- Saarah Survé, director of Sekunjalo Media, INMA’s fourth-ever chair of the Young Professionals Committee.
- Mariano Nejamkis, general manager of Grupo El Comercio stepped down as Latin America Division president late last year.
The INMA Board of Directors is the fiduciary body overseeing the association’s activities worldwide.