The European Division of the International News Media Association (INMA) today announced new appointments to its board of directors and recognised retiring members for their service.
Appointed to the division board’s executive committee are:
- President: Petteri Putkiranta, president/news and feature, Sanoma Media, Finland.
- First Vice President: Eimear Moran, media solutions director, The Irish Times, Ireland.
- Second Vice President: Pål Nedregotten, executive vice-president/tech and data, Amedia, Norway.
Gerold Riedmann, managing director and editor-in-chief of Russmedia in Austria, has served as the Europe division’s board the past four years and will serve on the board as immediate past president the next two years.
Three new board members are:
- Director for Austria: Rainer Nowak, editor-in-chief of Die Presse, Styria Media Group.
- Director for Germany: Nico Wilfer, chief product officer, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
- Director for Poland: Dorota Adamczyk, chief revenue officer, Gazeta Wyborcza, Agora.
Retiring from the INMA Europe board are: Joanna Mosiej-Sitek, Agora, Poland; Noemi Ramirez, Prisa, Spain; and Melina Nohmann, Nordwest-Zeitung Verlagsgesellschaft, Germany.
The INMA Europe division board manages the association’s activities in Europe, including membership services, training and development.
Board members are appointed to three-year terms, and national directors are rotated amongst INMA corporate member companies within each European state to maximise diversity in the board amongst the larger INMA community. Executive committee members serve two-year terms.
For a full list of the INMA Europe division board, click here.