INMA has launched its Global Media Awards competition, rewarding the best ideas to innovatively grow audience, revenue, and brand of media companies.
Highlights of the competition include:
- Deadline for entries: January 29, 2016.
- Web site: www.inma.org/awards.
- Awards ceremony: May 24, 2016, at Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
The INMA Global Media Awards competition aims to reward news media companies that:
- Energize brands.
- Create new products.
- Grow, engage, and monetise audiences.
- Grow advertising revenue.
- Develop customer insights.
- Instill innovation.
“The INMA Global Media Awards represent our industry’s best foot forward in engaging with the changed media landscape,” Earl J. Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of INMA, says.
“How do we add new life to news brands? How do we stand out in the consumer’s mind and the advertiser’s mind in a crowded digital marketplace? How do we apply next-generation data analytics to the basics of the news business? How do we make the process of innovation central to how a media company operates? INMA aims to answer these questions with the Global Media Awards.”
Through its awards competition, established in 1937, INMA aims to surface breakthrough results, unique concepts, strong creativity, innovative thinking, and effective synergies across platforms through the Global Media Awards.
The 2016 competition includes new categories unique to the media environment of today: video, print advertising, native advertising, data analytics, consumer research, innovation, and incubation.
- Best use of video.
- Best launch of a brand or product to create an audience segment.
- Best idea to encourage print readership or engagement.
- Best idea to grow digital readership or engagement.
- Best use of social media.
- Best new paid content or subscription initiative.
- Best idea to grow advertising sales or retain advertising clients.
- Best marketing solution for an advertising client.
- Best execution of print advertising.
- Best execution of native advertising.
- Best use of data analytics.
- Best use of consumer research.
- Best new corporate innovation initiative.
- Best new concept to incubate products or ideas.
- Best idea or innovation to create new profit centers.
The INMA Global Media Awards also will include new groupings. INMA did away with circulation and audience groupings and replaced them with two groups: regional/local news brands and national/international news brands.
For 2016, INMA expanded the number of categories in the Global Media Awards competition from 15 to 20, added regional “Best of Show” winners, and integrated key concepts from its popular Global Innovation Awards competition.
Entries may be submitted online at www.inma.org/awards.
The INMA Global Media Awards will be presented at the world-famous Victoria and Albert Museum in London on Tuesday, May 24, at the conclusion of the 86th Annual INMA World Congress.