When the management team at Russmedia saw the numbers — 19% mobile traffic with only 0.9% mobile revenue — it forced a new era, one framed by the mobile success of Facebook.
In four months’ time, mobile revenue was up to 30%.
Russmedia owns now 70% reach of the 380,000 market, Georg Burtscher, CEO of marketing and sales at Russmedia Digital, told delegates during the 7-minute Brainsnacks session at the INMA European Media Conference in Budapest, Hungary.
In 2013, Russmedia’s mobile traffic was only 19%. Now it is 40%. The biggest problem was that neither clients, agencies, nor sales team understood mobile.
According to Burtscher, the following six steps helped his company change its attitude towards mobile:
- Sell mobile through your own sales force.
- Delete disturbing ads; use only native ads.
- Convince your clients they must do mobile.
- Combine Web products with mobile.
- Compare, measure, and win.
- Don’t sell mobile or Web separately; become one.