Product & Tech Initiative Blog
About This Blog
172 Articles since January 2021
Jodie Hopperton is a British media executive based in Los Angeles whose career has featured corporate roles, technology start-ups, moderating events, authoring, and speaking at news industry events. She has served as interactive manager for Trinity Mirror, director of syndication and licensing for The New York Times, and as a consultant to media and tech start-ups focused on video distribution, VR, audio tech, and more. Prior to her work with INMA, Jodie’s work with press associations included the Global Editors Network (GEN) and WAN-Ifra. In two stops in cities she loves, Jodie was the co-creator and owner of the Guiri Guide in Madrid, a premium information source for youthful expatriates, and the author of Los Angeles Reinvented: Why Innovators Are Moving South of Silicon Valley to the Booming Home of Hollywood.
Top Viewed Product & Tech Initiative Blog Posts
- Scrollytelling format helps news publishers grow mobile engagement
- Publishers should infuse Gen Z into their news organisations
- New York Times audio app goes beyond podcasting
- Economist, Stuff, Aftenposten share successful new audio products
- News publishers are atomising the tech stack by building a modular sy...
- Smart brevity, summarisation are text innovations worth watching
- The role of storytelling product manager is emerging in media compani...
- Stuff measures the sentiment of its readers
- Investigation into Amazon Prime’s “dark patterns” may affect publishe...
- Is modular journalism a solution to some product major problems?