Media associated with this campaign
Overview of this campaign
2016 key objectives:
Nationalise a previous editorial editorial initiative (SnapSydney) to grow audience, awareness and engagement across NCM social, digital & print assets
Achieve 30k images shared on social media nationally
Generate unique UGC content for all NCM platforms that is integrated across all owned platforms
Create hype through owned and paid social/digital platforms, ambient events and PR activity
Enhance brand advocacy with local mastheads
Bring the campaign to life with simultaneous events nationally
Commercialise the campaign
Influencing our planning of the campaign to ensure our key objectives were met, the following insights were taken into consideration:
1 in 4 Australians engage with social media more than 5 times a day, with another 24% using social media at least once a day.
The use of Instagram as a social network in Australia has increased 19% from 2015 to 2016
These insights combined with learnings from the 2014 and 2015 SnapSydney initiative, we determined the main focus for our channel mix and content plan to be social media lead. From 2016 we saw that 80% of shared images were via Instagram.
*Sensis Social Media Report, 2016
Results for this campaign
To deliver full integration, the campaign was designed in three phases; Inspire, Enable and Celebrate.
The Inspire and Enable phases engaged our audience through editorial and social content designed to build skills and inspiration around three key themes relevant to local communities.
*Refer to Supporting Document #1 for details on the Inspire & Enable phases*
The Celebrate phase comprised of the event day, 16 November 2016. The audience was invited to share their images with us, and join (physically or virtually) the events in each major city.
*Refer to Supporting Document #2 for details on the Celebrate phase*
Across Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney we achieved:
- Over 35,000 photos shared from our audience across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Social media engagement using the hashtags reached 24.5 million people domestically and internationally across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
- All day trending on November 16 on Twitter with #SnapSydney and #SnapBrisbane sharing the number 1 spot for the day. #SnapMelbourne placed at number 7.
- Pop up celebrations in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney CBDs attended by over 3000 people
- PR exposure leveraging our celebrity and influencer networks
- A unique experience with our News Community Media audience of 7.3 million Australians
- Spent $175k across paid media, events and production costs
- Received incremental revenue of $939k across sponsorship packages and environmental sales, with major sponsors Canon Australia and Harvey Norman
Video summary of whole campaign: https://vimeo.com/194610545