This month, author Kirk MacDonald asks the tough question. Newspapers have the best content, largest local audiences, and biggest sales force — so why isn’t it better? The article focuses on:
- Leveraging the fastest-growing revenue streams.
- Building sales confidence.
- Investing in integrated search.
This month’s magazine is easier to retrieve in your inbox. Please check your e-mail to download the new issue in seconds.
You may also always retrieve your Ideas Magazine by:
- PDF: Clicking here to download a simple PDF (good for printing).
- Smart Edition: Clicking here to view the Smart Edition.
The cover story, “Why isn’t it better?” hones in on the challenges of converting news media assets to more productive, growing, and sustainable revenue streams.
The November issue also includes these case studies:
- Aftenposten now knows more about which media affect key indicators the most.
- Agora Metro’s “No Face Day” event, spurred by three advertisers, uses powerful images to educate readers about cyber-identity theft and promotes advertisers’ products.
- Archant London24 uses digital marketing to create a new, online presence, growing local newspaper audience Web sites by 65%.
- iPad Design Lab author shares his takeaways from the process of writing a digital-only book — from advertising to storytelling.
- Gazeta Wyborza shares lessons from its new paywall revenue and how it yields better communication with readers.
- The Globe and Mail sets a new standard for Canadian journalism, providing premium content and a customised experience for customers.
- Göteborgs-Posten is on task to increase ad revenues by 1,000% over last year while building paid content apps.
- Metro International adds a new twist to its global editor, now including a deputy editor who spends the day with a high pro?le “boss.”
- The New Zealand Herald’s Element Magazine responds to reader interest in health and sustainability, bringing in new revenue and new readers.
- Telegraph Media Group’s Privilege Card, a loyalty programme, looks to a mobile app and digital card for greater convenience and data captures.
- The Times of India finds augmented reality boosts sky bus promotions as part of print + digital campaign.
- Torstar Digital celebrates and encourages its “intra-preneurs” with its first “Startup Weekend,” and generates rapid innovation.