INMA today released an executive summary of the recent Direct Marketing Association (DMA) conference and exhibition in Las Vegas.
INMA members may view the summary via two methods:
- PDF: Click here to download a curated PDF version of the summary.
- Web: Click here to read the summary online.
The six-day conference, held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, built context for marketers by focusing on the management and analysis of data. INMA’s reporters and editors noted that today’s marketers are being inundated with massive amounts of data.
According to the report, regulation and enforcement of privacy acts are hampering consumer marketing. During the conference the DMA announced the launch of the Data-Driven Marketing Institute (DDMI) to engage the entire marketing industry in a coordinated consumer-education campaign addressing the benefits of data-driven marketing in meeting personal needs.
Other key takeaways:
- Industry professionals must harness the power of the enormous amount of consumer data now available to pinpoint audiences and grow market share.
- Consumers are still highly concerned about online personal data security. Ensuring your customers privacy is essential to success.
- Social media is a tactic not a strategy; mobile apps are becoming must-have consumer options and must work seamlessly; achieving marketing success requires risk-taking.