How to apply next-generation data analytics to engage audiences and grow revenue is the focus of Big Data For Media Week April 11-15 in New York – the most comprehensive series of conferences and study tours for media industry executives worldwide.
Produced by INMA and the World News Media Network (WNMN), Big Data For Media Week will feature four activities:
- Big Data for Media Conference, April 14-15, at Thomson Reuters in Times Square. This fourth-annual conference features the world’s foremost experts on Big Data analytics science and technologies and will focus on case studies from the top media companies.
- Data Analytics Study Tour, April 12-13, of four companies immersed in Big Data strategy, organisation, technology, and business development.
- Data Journalism Study Tour, April 12-13, of four major media newsrooms to hear from top data editors and data journalists about techniques and strategies.
- Data Journalism Conference, April 11, at the Associated Press will illuminate the best strategies and tactics for organizing effective data journalism departments and excellence in data journalism.
The Big Data For Media Week Web site is now open and registrations accepted at www.inma.org/bigdataweek.
“After three years in London, we are pleased to bring Big Data For Media Week to New York and expand access to the cutting edge of next-generation data analytics best practice for the business side and journalism side of the media industry,” said Martha Stone, founder of the Big Data For Media franchise of conferences and study tours and CEO of WNMN.
“Our dynamic programmes skew toward the media companies investing the most and the fastest in Big Data, and we hope this week is a major contribution to the acceleration of analytics into the DNA of news media companies.”
“INMA members worldwide realize the ‘Mad Men’ vs. ‘Math Men’ revolution is at hand,” said Earl J. Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of INMA. “What Big Data For Media Week allows is quick dives and deep dives into the subject. INMA is pleased to support the focus on audience and revenue: the Big Data For Media Conference and the Data Analytics Study Tour.”
Among topics to be covered in the Big Data For Media Conference include:
- When tech companies and media companies collaborate or collide over data.
- Vision, strategy, and practical application of Big Data.
- The new wave: driving audience data with new platforms.
- How to engage customers.
- The revenue power of a single sign-on.
- Using data to target advertising.
- Programmatic advertising and real-time bidding.
- Programmatic + analytics = targeted audiences.
- How emerging technology drives sports data revolution and revenue.
- How data technology is driving content innovation.
- Building the essential technologies of the future.
- Data strategy in the distributed content era.
- How legacy media companies can build a solid Big Data operation.
Early confirmed case studies include from ESPN, Thomson Reuters, Politico, Condé Nast, Schibsted, The Weather Company, Turner Broadcasting/CNN, Axel Springer, ProPublica, and Huffington Post.