INMA members elected seven newspaper industry executives to terms on the association’s governing Board of Directors at its April 26 annual business meeting in New York.
First-time executives to the Board include:
- Bob Dickey, president, U.S. Community Publishing, Gannett, McLean, USA.
- Jose Luis Parra, editor and assistant to the president, El Mercurio, Santiago, Chile.
Re-appointed to new Board terms were:
- Mark Challinor, managing director, g8wave Europe Ltd., London, United Kingdom.
- Tom Ratkovich, president, smartFOCUS ASTECH, Denver, USA.
- Kjersti Løken Stavrum, features editor, Aftenposten, Oslo, Norway.
Meanwhile, INMA announced that two newspaper executives were appointed by regional boards to division presidencies — positions which also are a part of the governing Board of Directors:
- Marcelo Benez, advertising director, Folha de S. Paulo, Brazil, president of the Latin America Division.
- Kathleen Coleman, director of digital business operations and new product development, The Spokesman-Review, Spokane, USA, president of the North America Division.
Retiring from the Board are James Gold, Leap Media Partners, USA; Shaun Higgins, The Spokesman-Review, USA; Jerry Hill, St. Petersburg, USA; Dennis Skulsky, Canwest, Canada; and Bernhard Weissberg, Zürich, Switzerland.
The 23-member INMA Board of Directors is the association’s governing body, and Board terms last for three years.