Thirteen newsmedia executives have assumed new terms on the INMA Board of Directors, effective June 1. INMA’s governing body, the Board of Directors is responsible for the strategy and direction of INMA worldwide.
Newly elected Board members include:
- Kathleen Coleman, director of digital business operations and product development for The Spokesman-Review in Spokane, Washington, USA.
- Eduardo Garces Lopez, executive vice president for El Espectador in Bogota, Colombia.
- Kirk MacDonald, executive vice president of sales for Digital First Media in Denver, USA.
- Paulo Mira, president and CEO of PHD Business in Miami, USA.
- Monica Ray, executive vice president of consumer marketing for Conde Naste in New York, USA.
- Deepak Shah, vice president-marketing operations/Americas and Economist Digital for The Economist in New York, USA.
Re-appointed to new terms on the Board include:
- Olivier Bonsart, managing director of the SIPA Group for Ouest-France in Rennes, France.
- Bengt Ottosson, president of Expressen in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Scott Stines, president of mass2one in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA, as the association’s treasurer.
- Robert Whitehead, director of marketing and newspaper sales for Fairfax Media in Sydney, Australia.
Elected as division presidents of INMA, which serve on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee:
- Marcelo Benez, advertising director of Folha de S.Paulo in São Paulo, Brazil, for the newly formed Brazil Division.
- Sandra L. Gómez, special projects director for Grupo Editorial Altamirano in San Salvador, El Salvador, for the Latin America Division.
- Sandy MacLeod, vice president/consumer marketing and strategy for the Toronto Star in Canada for the North America Division.
Stepping down from the Board are Alberto Jaramillo of Asociación de Editores de los Estados (AEE) in Mexico, John Paton of Digital First Media in the United States, and Tom Ratkovich of Leap Media Partners in the United States.