Leveraging and monetising mobile audiences is the focus of the INMA Mobile Summit for Engagement and Profit, March 9-10 in Austin, Texas.
For complete information, including how to register online, go to www.inma.org/austinmobile.
Held days before the South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Conference in Austin, the INMA Mobile Summit will be held at the Austin American-Statesman.
Key topics to be covered at the INMA Mobile Summit include:
- The future state of mobile, including ...
11 December 2014
What news media executives need to know today to make money and engage audiences through the leveraging of smarter data is the focus of the Big Data For Media conference, March 26-27 at Google headquarters in London.
Produced by INMA and the World Newsmedia Network (WNMN), the Big Data for Media 2015 conference in London is designed for media executives engaged with data-infused advertising solutions, audience marketing, and journalism.
Key topics to be covered in the Big Data for Media conference include ...... [more]
09 December 2014
The emerging Big Data editorial, audience, and advertising road map for news publishers is the focus of a new report released this week by INMA.
Titled “Making Big Data Smarter for Media Companies,” the new INMA report features 17 profiles of how media companies are implementing Big Data. The report explores the cultural, strategic, personnel, and foundational ramifications of how publishers get their arms around data and make it actionable.
To download the Big Data report:
Among the report’s highlights:
- What makes up “Big Data” for media companies in the long-term ...
03 December 2014
The world’s best news media sales and marketing initiatives from the past year will be honoured in the INMA Awards 2015 competition, which was unveiled this week by INMA.
Deadline for entering is January 23, 2015. Complete information can be found at www.inma.org/awards.
As the premier sales and marketing competition for news media companies, INMA Awards 2015 will reward the best ideas to:
- Energise news brands .
- Stimulate audiences.
- Innovate product development.
- Grow revenue.
Mirroring the increasingly multi-platform nature of publishing, most categories either are ...... [more]
28 October 2014
INMA and the Berlin School of Creative Leadership today announced a partnership that will include a €20,000 “INMA scholarship” for the school’s executive MBA programme starting in 2015.
The INMA scholarship recipient will receive €20,000 tuition support for the Berlin School Executive MBA in Creative Leadership programme starting March 16, 2015, in Berlin, Germany. Up to three additional finalists may be eligible to receive €20,000 in partial tuition support.
Deadline to apply for the scholarship is December 1.
The global scholarship winner will receive ...... [more]
10 September 2014
How media companies can capitalize on programmatic buying in the fast-evolving sales of digital advertising is the focus of a new report released today by INMA.
To access the INMA programmatic buying report:
- INMA members: The report is free to you if you are an INMA member on September 11, 2014, and may be accessed by clicking here (password required).
- Non-members: Click here for information on the report and purchasing it online.
“Programmatic Advertising Opportunities for News Publishers” provides context on ...... [more]
13 May 2014
Thirty of the world’s best news media sales and marketing initiatives were rewarded Tuesday, May 13, by the International News Media Association (INMA), punctuated by Norway’s VG taking home the coveted “Best In Show.”
The INMA Awards were presented at the concluding dinner of the 84th Annual INMA World Congress at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco before nearly 300 media executives.
Highlights from the evening:
- Best In Show: The coveted “Best in Show” award, signifying the best campaign in the INMA Awards 2014 competition, went to Schibsted’s VG for its “VG Chess World Championship 2013.”
Second place went to the South China Morning Post for “Celebrating Hong Kong,” while third place was presented to the London Evening Standard for “Ladder for London.”
- Multi-winners: Six companies won two first-place awards: Aftenposten, Dainik Jagran, mX, The New York Times, South China Morning Post, and VG.
Founded in 1935, the INMA Awards competition is the news media industry’s premier barometer for... [more]
13 May 2014
Ravi Dhariwal — the CEO of The Times of India who introduced INMA to the South Asian continent and later became president of the global non-profit organisation — was announced as the recipient of INMA’s highest honour for volunteer service to and lifetime achievement in the media industry.
The Silver Shovel Award was presented in absentia to Dhariwal at the closing dinner of the 84th Annual INMA World Congress at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco before nearly 300 executives from around the world. The award represents INMA’s top honour for individual achievement.... [more]
13 May 2014
Fairfax Media’s Real-Time Working project — involving a metrics-focused series of technological strategies that enables more efficient and flexible work by individuals and teams — was presented the first-ever Global Innovation Award by INMA at the association’s World Congress in San Francisco.
The Australia-based Fairfax Media won the INMA worldwide prize over regional winners:
- Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd., India, for “Transforming Print Media Sales Culture Through Technology.”
- Gannett, United States, for “Gannett Innovation Grants Program.”
- MittMedia, Sweden, for “FutureWorks: Accelerating Innovation and Building Personal Capacity for Learning and Change.”
All four regional winners were highlighted at the INMA World Congress in San Francisco, with the global winner unveiled before 300 media executives at an awards dinner on the conference’s concluding evening.
The INMA Global Innovation Awards in 2014 aimed to shine a light on structured innovation programmes at media companies.
In implementing the Real-Time Working project, Fairfax aimed for... [more]
11 May 2014
INMA named 12 members to its global Board of Directors, the fiduciary body of the association.
Elected at the INMA annual business meeting in conjunction with the INMA World Congress in San Francisco, effective June 1, were:
- Chris Blaser, vice president/circulation, Advance Central Services, United States.
- Damian Eales, group marketing director, News Corp. Australia.
- Eduardo Garces Lopez, general manager, El Espectador, Colombia.
- Pit Gottschalk, director of content management, Axel Springer, Germany.
- Kirk MacDonald, executive vice president/sales, Digital First Media, United States.
- Sandy MacLeod, vice president/consumer marketing and strategy, The Toronto Star, Canada.