Publishers have more data available than ever, coming from multiple sources. As publishers have frequent contact and a growing interactivity with large audiences they are very well placed to collect lots of information about consumers and their habits. The catch-all term for it is “Big Data,” where “big” stands for an interminable volume of data, a limitless velocity of real-time data-streams, and an endless variety of consumer information.
Data is said to be the new oil, but most publishers struggle to leverage these data into insights both for editorial purposes, for audience marketing, and for advertising solutions. Publishers are drowning in data, but not capitalising on it. Information is often locked within multiple channels and different functional and application silos. Publishers have difficulty gaining a 360-degree consumer view and a shortage of deep insight and foresight that can be used for business advantage.
Enter INMA with a new blog: Big Data For Publishers.
This is a platform to provide INMA members with learnings, best practices, and thought leadership to turn this data-oil into a gold mine of opportunities. We want to identify and communicate cases, trends and possibilities in this area, and to share vision on related topics such as privacy, technology, and more.
So INMA is active looking for data-driven media cases on how Big Data is used to bring more editorial relevancy, better audience engagement and more value to our advertising clients.
- How you can make the use of data transparent to consumers.
- How data is collected and processed.
- How you unlock and visualize the data trough the company.
- How you organise data-driven campaigns and automate them across different channels.
- How Big Data is used to predict and reduce churn.
- How you leverage the data to advertisers.
- How you are organized internally to cope with the real-time data flux.
- What you do to get the appropriate people skills on board.
- How you cope with sub-contractors in this domain.
We will bring together in this space a blog of experts. Yet we could use your help.
If you would be willing to share your thoughts or case studies relevant to news publishers about Big Data, please raise your hand and send an email to email@example.com.
Write us what your role is in your company, where you as a publishing company are today in this domain, where you want to be within one year and which steps you have planned to get there. In return INMA will give you an international overview and a benchmark on these type of activities.
Hope you enjoy this blog.